Find The Tornado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find The Tornado

By Registering you will be able to create your own gallery and chat in the chatbox at the bottom of the page and also post messages in the forum! Sign up Today!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blueznjazz

Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Empty
PostSubject: Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Given that no other Canadians have written in this subject category yet, I figured that I should represent my country properly by introducing an important topic of debate to get it started! lol ! Very Happy

So what would be your favorite activity on a early spring evening??? Wink
Back to top Go down
AndyG
Admin

Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, I know I do like bacon, however I am not sold on backbacon since quite honestly i'm not sure what it is scratch
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net
blueznjazz

PostSubject: Backbacon....A "Mystery meat"???   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Up here in Canada, we call it "Peameal Bacon", so perhaps that will ring a bell, however I called it "Backbacon" because any of my American friends call it that. Very Happy

So Andy, do you have a specific "Pre-chase meal" like the athletes have their favorite pre-game meal? Something that will keep you energized for the long drives, but not make you sleepy? bounce
Back to top Go down
AndyG
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Hardee's is a personal favorite of mine, if I can find a Hardee's along the way, I usually will get a Frisco, NOTHING and i say NOTHING beats a frisco burger no?

But if I had to choose between hockey and storms, i think it's obvious I would choose storms... it's a shame that Ear Falls tornado took the lives of some becuase it was a very impressive tornado althought I am yet to see a good video of it, it's never awesome or cool to know that people are being injured or losing a life as a result of a tornado.

We were talking earlier about the SK/MB area, im actually dissapointed at such a poor year out there so far, maybe August will hold some tornadoes, if not, good bye Canada for 09'.
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net
blueznjazz

PostSubject: Earl Falls Tornado   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:27 pm

Ya, and the ultimate irony is that it was 3 chaps from tornado alley (OK) that were killed in the middle of freakin-nowhere Ontario by a tornado!!! On a fishing trip for pete's sake! . There are a few pics/vids of the tornado...short segments only...but they are on youtube. I will look for links later.

Also there was a tornado near Tillsonburg, Ontario a month ago...about a 90minute drive south of me. I can find you the link for that one too...it was a drill bit tornado that caused F2 damage to a few homes in a primarily agricultural area. Fortunately, noone was seriously injured or killed.

Weak tornadoes (less than F3) are not really that uncommon here, but we just don't get the big killer ones very often. Also, the areas usually hit are in agricultural land, away from the more highly populated areas near to the Great Lakes. The Great Lakes seem to limit the time supercells have in a 'friendly environment' and the jet stream is less energetic at our lattitudes.

But, as the Barrie, Ontario tornado (part of the famous May 31 1985 outbreak strong F3 or F4- 13 dead) , Edmonton, Alberta 1986 (F4 - almost 30 dead) and Pine Lake Alberta tornado (F3 hit campground - 13 dead) all show...we are not in a perfectly safe zone!

I will look for those links later...nice chatting with you Andy!

Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???   Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus  Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm chasin', backbacon, and beer versus Hockey Night in Canada, wings, and beer???
Page 1 of 1