Find The Tornado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find The Tornado

By Registering you will be able to create your own gallery and chat in the chatbox at the bottom of the page and also post messages in the forum! Sign up Today!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3-23-09: KS/OK/NE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AndyG
Admin

3-23-09: KS/OK/NE Empty
PostSubject: 3-23-09: KS/OK/NE   3-23-09: KS/OK/NE Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 am

I considered this a very successful chase. Started off the day by sitting in a dust storm with visibility down to a mile at some points. The first cell I intercepted in south central was sort of a "pre-show" storm. It had a fantastic wall cloud that was rotating quite nicely at the end of its life and actually kind of wrapped up into a little funnel before it's death.
The next storm I intercepted again moved out of OK into south central KS near Winfield I think. Sorry I always mess the towns up. This thing did go tor warned and at one point had two wall clouds, this is the one Tadd mentioned (i think it was Tadd). We saw the funnel but didn't see the dust swirl so apparently it did touch down (someone has a pic of that on ST). Also continued chasing during the night and intercepted some nice storms along I-44 some of which were severe, had a decent lowering with one. Anyway heres the pictures to accompany this. Thanks again for anyone who watched my stream yesterday. I think I am sitting out today and probably relocationg tommorow south of Dallas as it appears a significant outbreak is quite likely...

findthetornado.smugmug...9534_XFiLp

theres the pictures from yesterday ill add more later plus some video, thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net

3-23-09: KS/OK/NE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Find The Tornado :: Reports & Chase Logs :: Chase Logs-
Jump to: