Find The Tornado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find The Tornado

By Registering you will be able to create your own gallery and chat in the chatbox at the bottom of the page and also post messages in the forum! Sign up Today!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AndyG
Admin

8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Empty
PostSubject: 8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN   8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 am

A setup which could prove to reward someone willing to take a risk is coming together nicely for today. Due to early morning fog and ongoing precip daytime heating and destabilization will fail to come together for sufficient severe weather across much of MN/SD/IA/NE, however, the NE panhandle and northeastern Colorado should see very large hail today, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes...

Chase Target: Chappell, NE

I also hold hope for a few isolated supercells with maybe a breif tornado in a small area west of Sioux City Iowa prior to 8pm... depends on clearing...

Last edited by AndyG on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed to NOW due to tor warning)
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net
AndyG
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN   8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Another area of concern now is parts of eastern and northern Minnesota, the SPC has a 5% tornado threat now for parts of St Louis, Koochiching, Lake and surrounding areas of bordering counties... the low level jet is expected to increase and combined with directional shear this may favor a few tornadoes...
Not that you can really" chase " up here but my target is
Nett Lake, MN...
Back to top Go down
AndyG
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN   8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 pm

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OMAHA/VALLEY NEBRASKA
648 PM CDT SAT AUG 15 2009

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN OMAHA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
PIERCE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEBRASKA

* UNTIL 730 PM CDT

* AT 648 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS
STORM WAS LOCATED 11 MILES SOUTH OF PLAINVIEW...OR 21 MILES
NORTHWEST OF NORFOLK...AND MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
FOSTER...WILLOW CREEK STATE RECREATION AREA...THE HIGHWAY 81 AND 20
JUNCTION...PIERCE...OSMOND AND MCLEAN
Back to top Go down
StormChaserSteve

PostSubject: Re: 8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN   8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 pm

WOW Andy, you called it right!
I wished I would have seen your post before now as there are good signs of some strong rotation and 3 TVS`s have shown up around Hooker and Cherry county's.

I`m stuck with a few crap cells firing off down here in Kansas, today would have been a good day for me to go north
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN   8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8-15-09 FCST/NOW: NE/CO/WY/SD/MN
Page 1 of 1