Find The Tornado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find The Tornado

By Registering you will be able to create your own gallery and chat in the chatbox at the bottom of the page and also post messages in the forum! Sign up Today!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8-08-09 CO/SD/MN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat Darrow

8-08-09 CO/SD/MN Empty
PostSubject: 8-08-09 CO/SD/MN   8-08-09 CO/SD/MN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Drove north on I-25 and saw cu field going up north of Ft. Collins about 3:30p. Headed out about 5pm starting with cells coming off mountains between Ft. Collins and Loveland. Followed cells along and slightly north of US 34 through evening. Ran into 3/4" hail covering road. Had a few stones pushing 1.25" that woke me up on hitting my ride.

Although svr warned, no rotation seen, just a lot of wind, hail, rain and lightning. Called it off just west of Ft. Morgan. Of course, the cell went tor warned about 20 minutes later as it made its way to just south of Sterling before dissipating. Reports of softball hail in that as well.

A new line came in behind it a little later with the end result of flooding rains.

All in all, it was fun to get out and chase rain instead of fire.
Back to top Go down
AndyG
Admin

8-08-09 CO/SD/MN Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8-08-09 CO/SD/MN   8-08-09 CO/SD/MN Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Started off heading to Pipestone, MN from Luverne. Was a hard choice and probably not the best one when I headed back to South Dakota for the Tornado Warned storm east of Mitchell, followed that over an hour and a half while it was tornado warned, very unphotogenic storm with a large shelf cloud much like you would see with a bow echo or wind event. Served KSFY with Live Video and a phoner and also did a live interview on WNAX...

Headed back to the east around 3pm made it to Mankato where I waited with Kory Hartman, however we left at 7pm... on our way home we noticed a storm developed just west of the metro, neither of us were too upset about missing an afterdark chase in the metro, but it would have been better than nothing...

Keep an eye at www.findthetornado.com ill try to keep up and get some videos of recent chases up...
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net

8-08-09 CO/SD/MN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Find The Tornado :: Reports & Chase Logs :: Chase Logs-
Jump to: