Find The Tornado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find The Tornado

By Registering you will be able to create your own gallery and chat in the chatbox at the bottom of the page and also post messages in the forum! Sign up Today!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AndyG
Admin

7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Empty
PostSubject: 7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO   7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 am

The SPC has outlined a Slight Risk for severe storms in eastern ND and northwest/west central MN. However I think isolated severe weather is possible from parts of Manitoba to Colorado. The more organized and widespread severe weather will be in ND/MN/MB, including a few supercells and a possible squal line. The main threat will be large hail and some damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong or severe storms seem possible from CO into NE and SD with isolated large hail and severe level winds possible, these will be pulse type storms and will die off for the most part with the loss of daytime heating.

Target: Hankinson, ND
Tornado threat is less than 5% in all areas...

I will be monitoring the system through the day and may play the southern end of the squal line outside of the slight risk between Watertown, SD and Madison, MN...
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net
Pat Darrow

PostSubject: Sounds as good as anything else   7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:37 am

I see SPC has put the tor chances at less than 2% in all areas now (as of 0514Z). But, as has been all season, I think severe weather will hit with hail and wind as the main event again (just like it has been all season). I like your target area and agree a squall line play may be the best show. Happy hunting...
Back to top Go down
Pat Darrow

PostSubject: 7-23-09 NOW: NE/CO   7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Well, at least NE and CO came through (somewhat). Your vid looked good on the cell you and Kory chased near Ainsworth. Although Prowers County, CO storm was tw'd, not much happened with that one according to friends who live in Lamar.
Back to top Go down
AndyG
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO   7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 pm

That stuff in Neb was really a surprise, I figured there would be storms in CO/NE but I was worried it was going to be a big MCS mess. We had some very nice LP Supercells to chase!
Back to top Go down
https://findthetornado.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO   7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7-23-09 FCST: MN/ND/SD/NE/CO
Page 1 of 1